Download eBooks, Audiobooks, & Music
Click here to download eBooks or digital audiobooks.
Rainbow City Public Library has joined with other libraries around the state to access eBooks, digital audiobooks, and music powered by Overdrive. This shared collection is called Camellia Net. In addition, the library participates in Overdrive Advantage and can purchase titles that are only available for use by RCPL patrons. Sign in to Camellia Net before searching for titles to view all titles/copies that are available. If you are not signed into your RCPL account, Advantage titles will not show in your search results. If the Advantage icon is displayed on a title when you are logged into your RCPL account it means that we own a copy of the title that is ONLY available to our patrons. Any wait list on an Advantage owned title will be significantly lower than that of the consortium as a whole. Rather than being 117th in line you may only be 2nd or 3rd in line for our copy!
This easy-to-use service is available for use 24/7 with a valid Rainbow City Public Library card in good standing. Just log in with your 8-digit library card number. You can enjoy materials on a variety of devices including e-readers, MP3 players, tablets, and smart phones. The service works with Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, iPad, iPod, Android, iPhone, Windows Phone and more. For a complete list of supported devices and supported file formats click here.
Overdrive READ titles can be read in most browsers without installing software. Add the title to your favorites to easily locate it later or read it offline. It will pick up where you last stopped reading.
Otherwise, users (except those with Kindle devices) will need to install free software to use the service - OverDrive for audiobooks and music and Adobe Digital Editions for eBooks. Links to install the required software can be found here. The app may also be installed free from most app stores. Kindle Fire users may also download EPUB and MP3 files to their device with the OverDrive app.
You may check out up to 5 titles. The lending period can vary from title to title (maximum of 14 days). Many titles can be returned before they expire; however, WMA titles cannot be returned early. There are no late fees on titles.
The option to renew a title becomes available three days before the title is set to expire, appearing next to the title on your Bookshelf under your library account. You can only use the renew feature once for each checkout. Click here for more information on renewing titles or here for complete Camellia Net Library Lending Policies.
There are also short videos that demonstrate how to use the service with many popular devices.
To access your Camellia Net Account:
- Go to the Camellia Net website
- Click the "Account" icon
- Type "Rainbow City Public Library" and select it from the list of libraries
- Enter your 8-digit Rainbow City Public Library Card number (start with the first zero and skip the last digit)
- Click "Sign in"
- You will then be able to:
- View your account
- Set personalized default lending periods under settings
- View the "Bookshelf" to access download links for titles currently checked out
- View your holds to see titles for which you are currently waiting .Please note that your wait may be significantly shorter than shown if RCPL owns an Advantage copy of the title.
- View titles on your wish list
- Return titles you have not downloaded
- Renew titles (The option to renew a title becomes available three days before the title is set to expire, appearing next to the title on your Bookshelf under your library Account. You can only use the renew feature once for each checkout.)
Can’t log in?
Please check with library staff. You may have an expired card, outstanding fines, or overdue items. Please call 256-442-8477 ext. 0 during normal operating hours.